Monday 25 June 2012

I was born in South Africa and come from Greek heritage, born the 16 July 1983 which makes me a Cancerian. My hobbies include motocross riding, soccer, DJ’ing and music production.

I am a Radio DJ, programming producer and voice over artist at Hellenic Radio, 14.22MW and can also be found via cyberspace on www.hellenicradio.org.za. I host the afternoon Drive Time show every Friday (4-7pm) and a music show every Saturday (4-6pm). The Show is done in both English and Greek.

I have been in Radio since 2006 after I completed a short term Radio Presenting course at Boston Media House and was given the opportunity to host the Saturday 4-6pm slot at Hellenic Radio. I did that for 1 year, after which in 2007 I was given the Saturday and Sunday 4-6pm slots, in 2008 I was given the opportunity to host the afternoon drive time slot weekdays 4-7pm, A goal I had set upon joining Hellenic Radio.

I record every Fridays Show and post them up on Mixcloud along with some of my DJ Mixes and interviews I have done and will be doing on my radio show.

You can follow me on:

Twitter @ AlexisKotsis,
https://twitter.com/#!/AlexisKotsis
Facebook @ Alex Kotsis,
http://www.facebook.com/#!/alex.kotsis
Mixcloud @ AlexKotsis,
https://www.mixcloud.com/search/?mixcloud_query=AlexKotsis
Soundcloud @ Alex Kotsis,
http://soundcloud.com/people/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=Alex+Kotsis

You can also find more information, interviews and DJ mixes on YouTube @ Alex Kotsis

My Passion for Radio and the Media persisted throughout my endeavors at Hellenic Radio, so I decided to further my studies in 2011 and enrolled, full time, at Boston Media House for a diploma in Media Studies majoring in Radio and Journalism.

I Say goals, whether they are short term or long term are a very important aspect in anyone’s life, I have always set goals in life and have managed to achieve them. The sheer satisfaction, glory and the rewards after achieving those goals is priceless. I always say, “In Life, hard work, doing good onto others and positive thinking, always gets a person far”.

I have been a DJ for over 14 years now and a Radio Personality for 6, I enjoy every minute of it and my blog will cover anything from DJ ing, DJ equipment and Events to everyday sports, news and current affairs. I look forward to hearing your views and comments on anything I shall be writing about. Interaction between us will be of the utmost importance to me and I will try my utmost best to answer any questions that may arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment